Congratulations on your new contact lenses! At Blink Vision we are committed to providing you great vision and protecting your eye health. The following guidelines are intended to help you avoid contact lens problems and ensure that you fully enjoy all the benefits of your new contact lenses!
- To care for and clean your lenses, use the specific contact lens solution recommended to you by Dr. Veatch.
- Following your prescribed contact lens replacement schedule will provide your eyes with the best contact lens comfort, best vision, and reduce the risk of complications.
- New contact lens wearer schedule:
- Wear the contacts no longer than 6 hours on the first day
- Increase wear by 1-2 hours per day until 12+ hours has been reached
- Do not sleep in your contacts unless authorized to do so by Dr. Veatch. Not all contact lenses are designed to be worn overnight. Sleeping in non-approved contact lenses can greatly increase the risk of eye infections.
- Proper contact lens care will maintain better eye comfort, vision, and safety:
- Always wash your hands prior to touching your lenses or eyes
- Gently rub your contacts with solution at the end of the day
- Soak your contacts in new contact lens cleaning solution daily
- Replace your contact lens case 2 to 4 times per year
- Remove your contact lenses if they become uncomfortable:
- Discomfort can be an early warning of a potential problem
- If the discomfort continues after the lens has been removed, please call Blink Vision
- Do not put a new contact lens on an eye that is red and uncomfortable, this may hide symptoms and delay treatment and healing.
- Maintain your scheduled eye health and vision examinations:
- Contact lens evaluations are important to ensuring your continued vision, contact lens comfort, and eye health
- You will need to wear your contacts to your next visit.
Successful, safe, and comfortable contact lens wear depends on following the recommendations of Dr. Veatch. We are here to help you enjoy your new contacts! If you have any concerns or questions, please call us at any time at 319.665.2727.